Friday, June 24, 2011

Chocolate Eclair Cake

Funny story about this dessert: I actually made this as a “How to” speech during high school.  I really felt like a Food Network Star up there!  And to prove how fast I whipped this baby up… the speech had to be no longer than 5-6 minutes J Yep, needless to say I was the favorite in my speech class for a couple of days.
Chocolate Éclair Cake


Ingredients:
3 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk**
One 8 oz container Cool Whip **
1 Box graham crackers
1 can of chocolate frosting
Directions:
Mix pudding and milk until creamy.  Blend in Cool Whip.  In an 11x13 pan, place a layer of graham crackers then a layer of the Cool Whip pudding mixture.  Repeat another layer  and then finish by placing one last layer of graham crackers (3 layers graham crackers, 2 layers pudding mixture), and ice with frosting.  Cover and Refrigerate. 

**Because I figure that I might as well avoid extra calories when possible, I use skim milk and fat free Cool Whip.  Overall, this dish is relatively low calorie, and it’s very rich so a huge piece isn’t even necessary to fill that chocolate craving.  It’s kind of a cool twist on a smore kind of taste, so kids and adults will all rave over this dessert.  This dessert is best when chilled overnight because the pudding-y goodness has time to soak into the graham crackers.  SO EASY, SO DELICIOUS!!! Great for a summer pitch-in or last minute company!

2 comments:

  1. ya sure! i love it when people find what i post helpful! and i love for it to get shares with others (as long as credit goes where credit is due it's fine by me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i'd love it if you would think about doing a guest post! i think you have a lot of great recipes to share :)

    ReplyDelete